Monday, March 24, 2008

Spin, then Knit

Well, this last little bit of spring break I got out the old drop spindle and went to town. I had a whole 8oz bag of some pretty rough dark grey roving. Most of it has now been transformed into some rough dark grey single ply worsted, but maybe thick and thin, yarn.
I mostly wanted to have some new yarn around having finished all of the projects I had started, and trying to cut down on raw materials for the move into town.
So now I'm spinning, then knitting the yarn in to a nice vest, called "W" from the Knitty archive. http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTw.html
I'm thinking about putting buttons up one side, so it looks buttoned together, and then continuing up the armhole to the top shoulder. Maybe it would be nice over a button down?

No comments: